India is a country of ample of languages, religions, dance, music, architecture, food, symbolic color, language, festivals and unforgettable moments. The country once was known with the name of India, Bhārata, Bhāratavarsha, Hindustan, Jambudvipa, Nabhivarsha and Tianzhu. The tourism plays a vital role in the economy of the nation. The tourism has share of 6.4% in the total GDP of India in 2011 and a source of around 8% of direct employment in India. According to a statistics there are 6.29 million foreign tourists land and experience India Tourism
The nation which has 28 states and 7 union territories undoubtedly has huge list of tourism spots. Tourist like different places as according to their interest and time they have. Normally following are considered as top tourist destination in India.
- Goa – It is the western Indian State, which gives glance of Portuguese, unlike other parts of India, which is a glance of India and British Culture. As more then 500 years Goa was ruled by the Portuguese. Beside the historical facts the state is mainly famous for the wonder full environment and beaches there and thus the state got titled with UNESCO World Heritage Site and thus it is one among popular honeymoon tourist destinations.
- Manali – It is a kullu Valley town located in the northern Indian State of Himachal Pradesh. In Hinduism it is said that once there was a great flood that destroyed the world and almost made no creature world, then the Manu (One may browse Wikipedia for more information.) saved himself on the hills of Manali and recreated mankind. But the tourism of the destination is famous for hiking, skiing, mountaineering and river rafting.
- Udaipur – The city of Royal Rajaputana Culture, located in the western Indian State of Rajasthan. The city also got a named “Venice of the East and Lake City”. It attract domestic and overseas tourist. In recent past it seen that city become the most popular marriage venue.
- Gangtok – It is the capital city of Sikkim, which is north eastern Indian state. The town is one of the main tourist attractions in North East India.
- Dharamshala – It is the land where the largest Tibetan temple located, outside Tibet. The town is the located in the state of Himachal Pradesh.
- Jaipur – Famous form the name of “Pink City”, is located the western state of Rajasthan. The historical monuments like City Palace, Hawa Mahal, Amber and Jaigarh fort makes a new edged in the tourism of the town.
- Leh – Leh and ladakh are considered as the best trekking destination in India. The city draw attention of tourism for all round the world.
- Shimla – It is the capital city of Himachal Pradesh. Snow-capped Himalayan peaks and green pastures is the identity of Shimla. The city is one of the most visited tourist point of Himachal Pradesh.
- Tirupati – It is a famous pilgrim destination in India. The city is mainly famous for Tirupati Balaji Temple or Sri Venkateswara Temple. The temple is said to be the richest temple in India. It is located in the state of Andhra Pradesh and one of the famous spot in South Indian Tourism.
- Kashmir – It is located in the north most part of India. Basically it is located in the state of Jammu and Kashmir. It is considered as the paradise on earth. It is the place where Dal Lake and Mughal Garden are located, which is simply considered as the golden crown of Jammu and Kashmir Tourism.
- Haridwar – It is considered as the gatway of chardham yatra. It is the place where the holiest river of India, Ganga meets the planes. The City has many religious values and thus one of the holiest sites of Hindus.
- Corbett National Park – It is a tiger reserve, located in the northern Indian State of Uttarakhand. It is the land where at first save our tiger initiative was launched. It is natural abode of more than 500 spices of endangered spices of wildlife.
- Kaziranga National Park – The wildlife reserve and tiger reserve, located in the northeastern state of Assam. It is famous for one horned rhino. It has the highest tiger density in the world.
- Assam – It is a north eastern Indian State. Mainly famous for wildlife tourism and tea garden.
- Bodh Gaya – It’s the land where Mahatma Buddha obtained enlightenment and thus it can said to be the where the Boddhism take place. It’s purely religious pilgrim place related to Buddhism.